• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One hub was locked, any long term issues?

shotty

Today when I took apart the passenger side hub to grease the bearings I found out that it was assembled incorrectly and was locked in. As far as I know it's been like that for at least 4k miles. The driver side hub was not locked however I noticed that with just the passenger side locked the front driveshaft was spinning with the wheel. Any chance I toasted the front output bearing of the transferase? :-/

richingalveston

As long as your t-case had fluid you should be fine.

If you have grease certs on the u-joints and axle shafts you will want to be sure they are lubed.

you just gave a few parts some extra wear and tear but nothing should be hurt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks