• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

one last try

blackhueys

Ok I am going to be driving from denver co back to mn in a little bit was wondering if there are any good yards along the I 76 from denver co to the I 80 or anything along I 80 in nebraska till about I 29 heading north?
Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

here is a general idea of the route I will be taking if you know of any yards along this route or nearby let me know as I really need a spare tire or at least the rim also the hold down hardware for my spare tire. Thanks everybody love the site!!!

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

March 18th, 2010.

Wouldn't the parts you need be the same for a civillian K class pickup of the same year?
Almost any reputable junkyard should be able to find you the parts pretty quickly....:p

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:grd:

Crash_AF

Any Blazer rim will work as a spare, it just won't match. I'd just hit one of the truck parts places in Denver and grab a 6 lug wheel with a tire on it for $50 and call it good.

Good luck on your trip.

Later,
Joe

blackhueys

thanks everyone! I am already planning on stopping at the museum in lexington. Will check to see what I can find in denver.

SmokeyDod

Try to get same size tire as what's on the M1009 in case one of the rear goes out as it does have to "gov -lock rear end & might be issues w/rear end carrier. Of course you could always take one off front & put it on rear & put off size on front. Would not cause you any problems UNLESS you put it in 4-wheel drive. I also would take a hi-lift jack & take a 4-way lug wrench as sometimes the oem jack & lug wrench can be a PITA.

blackhueys

Ya I know about the jack issue I have a 2 1/2 ton floor jack that will be going in the truck when I get home though. Looks like I found a rim with tire from a civi blazer 15 by 8 if I rember right it is the rally wheel type might just get all 4 if they are not in bad shape! Thanks again. going to pick it up finnaly tommoro yippy! then the true test will be to see how it does on the drive back to Minnesota.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks