• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OOPS! Part fell off! Now I need a new one.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
E-brake worked fine when I left, went 5 miles, go to set it...nuthin! Chocked it up, rolled under it and found the nut on the cable had dissappeared! How did that happen so fast? Anyone got an extra one or know where I can get one? I looked at Saturns site, but didn't see one. It's the funky one, 5/16 nf, half round...kind of like a GM rocker arm pivot, and uses a 3/4 wrench.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Figures, I had an extra cable laying around that had broken at the handle, I just threw it away a few weeks ago, it sat in my garage for a couple of years. Sounds like another trip to Fontana is in order!

jeli

Mine did the same thing. It was the one thing that suprised me picking it up that it even had a working parking brake much less one that held. It's 5/16 x 24 threads. I just bought a nylock nut so it wouldn't move and used a fender washer. Works fine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Double nutting is my choice. Getting those self lockers up and down all those threads is a PITA.

acetomatoco

They came OEM with a jamnut of the spring steel variety..but two nuts of the same thread size butted together will work fine..if there is not enough thread sticking thru for the second nut, back off on the incab handle until you can do the job...just did same yesterday here in leaf peeper season in VT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks