• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

operating a winch.

junkyardog

this may sound stupid but i have never tried the winch on my truck. i was never shown how to. i know the lever in side is for the pto.,standing in between the fender and bumper looking at the winch is a lever with a lock to the right on the end of the winch. in the middleis a little lever you pull out and turn to hold it out ,it says drum lock. that wont come out enough to turn and lock, i dont want to ingage it and have the hook come around and smash my radiator, thanks

K9Unit

Junkyard

You may want to consult with some others as mine is still in pieces on my shop floor, I can tell you this goes to a spring and pin inside and locks into one of the holes when you turn the drum. Mine looks to have been abused so I'm trying to find some parts in that area. If you havent engaged yours it could be siezed up, try some lubrication... that stuff always seems to work !! :D

Cdub

Everything you need to know about your winch is in the MANUAL.................start off with your operators manual -10 first.

Cheers,

C'dub