• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions on under rear fender condenser

I have two Hmmwv’s that came with red dot a/c systems. The condensers were disconnected and laying in the back of the truck. To test the system I hooked the condenser up and vacuumed down the system and charged it. It blew cold 40 degrees coming out of the evaporator. I don’t want to use the bulky condenser. I would like to either put a condenser on the radiator stack or under the rear fender. Are there any opinions on which is the best alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under fender was used by military and the parts are for sale. Not sure about under the hood.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would switch to the under fender unit in a heartbeat. AMG went that way due to already marginal airflow through the cooling stack. The Red Dot condenser bolted to anything and everything was a sandbox quick fix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks