• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OREGON need help driving a M925A1 home

carbonraptor

Hey guys,so I dont quite have my CDL just yet and just to be on the safe side, with the weigh stations around I need someone who wants to take a little trip with me from bend to hillsboro to grab my m925, its all insured and ill have a heavy vehicle trip permit ready but we may have to do a bearing seal swap out on the middle right axle, but its possible it might just be ok for the trip. Its only gotta make it 170 miles so if it can be done without the swap out that would be the way to go. I have all the necessary tools to make the swap out a breeze including:

100-600 ft lb torque wrench
torque multiplier (for stuck lug nuts)
all torque specs for flange, axle and lug nuts
4-3/8 OTC socket (axle nut - front)
4-7/8 OTC socket (axle nut - back)
5 gallon bucket gear oil pump (for pumping fluid back into the differential)
2 20 ton bottle jacks
roller carts,
silicone
gaskets and seals
high temp wheel bearing grease
80w90 differential fluid

I am guessing the whole deal will take 3.5 hrs to get down there, 3 hours to get fixed, and 4 hrs to drive it back home so 11 hours total. I will probably leave early in the morning to get down there at a descent time. If we just gotta fill up the pumpkin it should only take about 30 minutes and then we are on the road back to bend.

Anyways if anyone local to the area is interested in helping out? Please let me know. Im planning on making a trip down there the weekend of June 1st and 2nd. other then the bearing seal the rig is mechanically sound so it should be a neat trip. :D

goodguyzy

You don't need a CDL to drive the truck by itself. Ill be at the rally in S. Oregon that week or I would help out. (don't stop at any weigh stations either) Yes I know what I,m talking about, I have a class A and have driven 5 tons and never stop or have had any problems with ODOT. Good luck.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just fill up the axle and drive it home. FYI, a little gear oil goes a long way towards making a mess. Have your chase car drive in FRONT.

I had a pinon seal leaking on my M818 while driving it home. It took over 400 miles to sling out a gallon of gear oil. Most of it ended up on my pick up truck that my son-in-law was following me in. Did I say have your chase car drive in FRONT?

carbonraptor

lol thanks for the advice guys. And yea i think ill just fill it up and drive it back home. The sooner the better tho, as storage facilities are not cheap by any means.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What they said. You don't need a CDL in Oregon to transport your personal property and don't need or want to stop at any weigh stations. As long as you have a temporary permit and insurance, you are good to go. Just hitch a ride and drive it home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks