• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh Firefighting Pictures

M1075

I took a few pics over the weekend. A wildfire had engulfed several thousand acres of prairie and was cutting a swath about 2 miles wide. With the M1075 and 3000 gallons, it only took 14 minutes to shut down the headfire. The rest of the time was cleanup along the edges. Hope you enjoy!

Desert Rat

M1075,

If it wasn't for the fact that is a real fire (brother-in-law was a volunteer fighter in Maine, so I know y'all don't play with fire), I'd just about $we@r y'all were having some fun out there in the brush with the trucks. So now we need more pics!!!!!!!

Opie

I'm with a volunteer rescue squad and fire department and our brush truck (4x4 pick-up with 300 gal. tank)
died last year. I'm halfheartedly trying to convince the chief to look into a deuce watertruck conversion due to our wildland-urban interface.

Truth is, my deuce is lonely...

Thanks for the pics!

Elwenil

Geez, that is just awesome! There's only one thing better than having a cool MV, and that's being able to make actual use out of it. Great stuff, and good job!

Dieselsmoke

Lone Tree Fire, a private fire fighting company out here has a HEMTT that they turned into a bad ass brush truck. They used to have a website but I can't seem to find it anymore. They are located in Loma Rica, CA if anyone wants to do a search.

M1075

Thanks Dieselsmoke. I think you may be talking about NorthTree Fire. They purchased a prototype 8x8 with independent suspension that was already configured for fire fighting. It was a precursor to the current TFFT. I posted the Oshkosh and NorthTree pics under a seperate post. Their webstie is www.northtreefire.com if you want to check it out.

Dieselsmoke

Yikes, yep, you were right North Tree it is. We've done some work for them in the past on their trucks, and all of them are pretty much bulletproof rigs. You certainly know their rigs on a fire by the color.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks