• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our new rig (first Deuce/MV)

IronDeuce

I went into work one day and first words to a buddy/co-worker were "lets get a deuce and make it our corporate promo rig." His response: "I'm in!"

We scoured CraigsList, Ebay, googled for dealers, etc etc, and settled on picking up one from a private seller on Ebay. His offer to drive it over 100 miles for delivery sealed the deal as a testimonial enough for us to consider it a done deal at $5,500.

His father is a diesel mechanic, so when they got it they took care of all head gaskets, manifold gaskets, new radiator, and tons of other little fixes. Right now, we have a solid ride that could use a change of brake and axle fluids, has one pesky in-dash air leak, and a broken oil pressure gauge (dont worry, still pumping oil).

Its a 1970, used to have a winch, used to have a fording kit, retained its drop-side bed, has a heater installed, and more. It underwent the re-work by the military in 1990 to take away its multifuel capabilities, but from what I understand its got a little more power now as a result.

This weekend we just enjoyed taking it out on the suburban streets of Northern Virginia. Needless to say, it turned TONS of heads, and was actually a show stopper at the cars and coffee that we frequent on the weekends. Here is a youtube testimonial as I rolled in for its debut. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WK6ruCuT1c&feature=share

Right now plans include fixing some minor issues, painting it Tan (Behr style), installing a standalone 12v system, adding offroad and backup lights, interior upgrades, electronic upgrades, making new cargo bows, and a few other things along the way. Long term it will grow to a quad cab, with singles.

Going to be a blast to say the least! Looking forward to learning more from you all, and sharing progress as it undergoes its transformation.

Attachments