• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our tax dollars at work....

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Was purusing some trucks listed by GL near me (I'm in Tennessee). Incredibly, one of the trucks is plainly and neatly stencilled recruiting for the New Jersey National Guard.

Ya' know, there is also a GL site Lakehurst NEW JERSEY.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't GL's idea to transport them down here - but somebody somewhere reached this decision. Wonder if the proceeds will cover the transportation cost?

Regards,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, My former M756A2 rustbucket came out of Roosevelt Roads PR and was shipped to Gulfport MS to be sold on GL. Gotta love the gov't.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's entirely possible some NJNG unit did their train up at Campbell or somewhere else down there, and got orders to turn the truck in.. Happens regularly with the NG getting the FMTV replacements.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
We were directed to ship stuff from all over the northeast to Georgia to have it processed for DRMO.

The best one concerned tents. Several years ago the proper process for turning in a tent within the NY/NJ area was to send it to the Area Support Maintenance Activity (Ft Dix) then they would ship it to the Equipment Concentration Site at Ft Drum. From there it went to the Area Support Maintenance Activity for coding. Then it came back the same way. Once it got back to the unit, the unit had to send it to the SETS site in Mattydale, about an hour or so from Drum. Then it went to DRMO. The accountability was a nightmare not to mention the cost of shipping truckloads of old rotted tents that reeked of various forms of animal urine. I inherited a warehouse nearly full of canvas that was in this condition.

The Army sure was/is good at doing things in the most costly way at times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks