• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Out Junking for Deuce rims

digitaldust

What trucks or bus should i be looking for to get 22.5 or " ANY rim and tire" to fit the deuce I'd like to keep the duel tandems ,

I'v been looking for 6 lug F600 /700 trucks but I have not seen any local only one the net what size tire does the F600- F700 truck use ?

how you cross size 9.x20 say to x . xx non NDT

hope i'm asking this right

Pinz25086

I believe that this was just discussed and some of the import trucks were running them. Try and use the search function and you should be able to find the thread.

jimm1009

My son works for UPS (for 7 years) and he said that touching a UPS truck on it's way to the crusher is taboo.
They crush anything that they are not going to use and no parts are taken off.
I wish they would allow parts to come off as they usually maintain their trucks very well but everything does eventually wear out just the same.

jimm1009

deathrowdave

I found mine from a International recycle (trash) truck . 75.00 each Spare PARTS in Lexington,Ky. 11R22.5 tires same as 11.00/20 s. Steers way easier with radials !!!!

FED X vans same wheels also

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know a local guy that had some UPS wheels and tires for sale. Don't know how he got them as their policy is to destroy everything. I didn't ask .

The local scrap yard got in about 100 UPS trucks. They had to have a UPS inspector watch everything on the truck be destroyed. Couldn't take so much as a bolt off of them. Most of the trucks had brand new tires on them. Scrap guy said they had to put a large enough hole in them that couldn't possibly be patched. That's the kind of waste that would make the Government look responsable.

I knew a guy that worked for UPS. They have some very strange ways. He said they had some black pastic and a roll of duct tape in the trucks they drove. If they were in a wreck and had no injruies they were to take the plastic and cover up the UPS symbol. Like nobody would know who's truck it was with the symbol covered up :-?.

BugEyeBear

It is all about image.

UPS doesn't want their used up trucks to be driven around by "Bob's Delivery Express".

Their Big Brown Trucks are recognized as UPS trucks, even w/o any UPS markings.

Just think about all of the worn-out retired U-Haul trucks that you see on the roads!
I'm really surprised that U-Haul doesn't require that they be painted white (or some other solid color) before selling them to the public.
ALTHOUGH I have noticed that many of their newer trucks are simply painted white & no longer are they sporting the U-Haul two-tone paint scheme!

THAT SAID, it does seem silly that UPS can't strip off the usable parts prior to sending the truck bodies to the crusher!!

I guess that's why their trucks are Brown & not Green!!

comdiver

Accuride still makes a 22.5 wheel to fit. It is only 6.75" wide which limits you to a 10r22.5 tire. The Accuride part # is 28517. I have seen a few 7.5" wheels but most are either 6.75 or 7" wide. 11r22.5 tires are close in size to 10.00x20 and the 10r22.5 are close to 9.00x20.

Last edited: