• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Outbid & Stiill Won Auction

Lawrence of Arabia

So this is the second time this has happened to me. I have bid on Deuces both at Grayling and Selfridge with the intentions of landing 2 trucks each time. During the auction, if 1 truck I am bidding on goes to high I move onto another truck that is within my price range. At the end of both auctions, it showed I won 2 trucks both times. Then I get an email saying I won 3 trucks. Any idea how this happens? Can a person retract a bid and then they award the auction to the next highest bidder? Oh and the best part is my wife never believes me when I say It was an accident, I did'nt plan on buying 3 of them.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I had been outbid on one of mine @ Selfridge
but I was wrong.
It may be a glitch in the system, it disappeared from my winning list
but showed up a minute later as I had won.
(While I was in the process of seeing what was left)

Heck I didn't need 2 let alone 3 more!
but then I never really needed the 1st one...............

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should be receiving bid notification and outbid notices in your email.

Should be easy enough to see(after the fact) what happened, for sure.

namedpipes

It may be a glitch in the system, it disappeared from my winning list but showed up a minute later as I had won.
That happened to me, too. I 'won' and later while I was gloating I looked at the list of won auctions or thereabouts and it was GONE! It was there a while later though.

rhinob

My wife thinks all my MV's belong to someone else, and I just store and exercise them. :mrgreen:

I once had GL tell my driver to load the wrong vehicle (which was nicer than the one I bought). I wouldn't want to have been the other guy, so I convinced GL to take it back (they paid the shipping back) and hand over mine. Someone else got a really nice M818 while I got a project.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks