• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ouverson lockout hub Will he warranty this?????

sermis

Well I was driving down the road minding my own business when the concrete safety barrier jumped out and bit my truck. TX DOT is working on the interstate and they have installed the 2’ high concrete safety barrier on both side of the road. I was talking to my son not paying attention and it cost me $500. OUCH. I saw bitts of concrete flying in the air along with other small parts which turned out to be parts of the hub. The hubs are tough but not tough enough to take on this.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Glad it wasn't worse! You must have felt a nice jerk at the st-wheel. Tire was bitten, too!
Just for safety check the 4 studs/nuts st-arm to knuckle.

G.

PD: Your motto, If you don't..... well, you broke it, now you can spend some $$!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
sermis said:
I was talking to my son not paying attention and it cost me $500. OUCH. I saw bitts of concrete flying in the air along with other small parts which turned out to be parts of the hub.
Sounds like a chick! Do you drive away from the fuel pumps with the hose still in your tank? :shock:

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: Ouverson lockout hub Will he warranty this?????

Dang guys,Lay off.I think he is being sarcastic...Gee,Get a grip....

But on the off chance that he ain't and really wants Warrentee part replacement......Dang your a crybaby...you screwed it up and not entitled to a replacement...... rofl :cookoo:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

Sarcasim/recognition of, seems to be in short supply on this site......lol

Sermis, tell him you overused the pressure washer........

And BTW, no texting while driving......

:wink:

Re: RE: Re: Ouverson lockout hub Will he warranty this????

FreightTrain said:
But on the off chance that he ain't and really wants Warrentee part replacement......Dang your a crybaby...you screwed it up and not entitled to a replacement...... rofl :cookoo:
The same was said about your brain FT rofl :cookoo:

sermis

I can't blame anyone but myself for this one. I am glade I had not reinstalled the rear hub or I might be buying two instead of one.
It really did not jerk that bad. Made a real loud grinding sound that could barley be heard over my choice words for being stupid.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Those Ouversons stick out pretty far. Especially when you're running them on the front hub(s). Just the nature of the beast, I guess.

Glad you're all o.k.!

Easy fix!

sermis

I had thought about some type of protection ring around the hubs to help protect from rocks and other obstacles when off road. I had even thought about leaving the outer dish on the rims when I widened them. Really wish I had done it now.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Wow:
Glad you are both OK and that the truck is not damaged any further than a replacable part. That says something for them couldn't you have lost the wheel if it did not hold up like it did. I tell my kids drive slowly oak trees always win.

saddamsnightmare

March 23rd., 2008.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BOY!!! YOU GUYS ARE ROUGH TODAY!!!!

I'm sure that replacing the locker is painfull enough, and the reason for it was an accident, by definition avoidable due to human error..... But down here in Texas TXDOT does like to crowd the barriers in.. not like there's enough surplus real estate around here to give you another foot or two of room to maneuver..... I REALLY hate it when the beggars put them on both sides close and the blacktop in the running area gets big potholes.... The Pucker factor's gigantic when you consider what could happen with a deuce in the way of unpredictable behavior.
And No, SERMIS, I don't think Ouverson Enginnerings gonna call that one material or workmanship failure, just a somewhat loose nut at the top end of the steering shaft..... The lesson taught here, as far as I can deduce, is that running a deuce safely requires complete attention to the road and the truck and no attention paid to other needless distractions in the cab....or outside either (like a Texas Nudist Colony with an 8' fence!!!). These machines in their behavior are much like locomotives of the road, and you may have to learn to start thinking a mile or two ahead as to terrain, obstacles and potential failure scenarios...
At least the truck relatively protected its owner(s), imagine the fun you'd of had with a Honda Accord or Civic in that trough!!!
Remember Gentlemen, there but for the Grace of God goes you or I (and I'd prefer it were you....),

Cheers,
Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce.
""??"" Johnson Manufacturing Company M105A2 1-1/2 Ton Trailer, Cargo, MERDC or NATO 4 color scheme
1963 Swiss Army Unimog Cargo Truck, Mercedes Benz S404.114 in NATO Green. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks