• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ouversons vs. AVM

Rebelpride

Has anybody compared the two hubs to see which is better made, and keeps the elements
out better? I did a search and found where most everybody seemed to vote for Ouverson, but was curious if the two have had a side by side comparison?

sermis

. I don't know anything about AVM but I can tell you the Ouverson hubs are tough. Not tough enough to fight a concrete wall but they are tough. I have had 2 failures with Ouverson hubs. BOTH WERE MY FAULT. One was water in the bearing from a torn boot and the other was from the concrete wall. Both cases I called Randy and sent in my hub. Both were repaired at a reasonable cost very quickly. I don’t know about AVM’s customer service or warranty but Ouverson is top notch when it comes to customer service. I have also seen the internals of the Ouverson hubs and they are built very strong. Only real issue I see with the Ouverson hub is they stick out some from the hub. I am running lockouts on the front hubs and the front rear axel. Initial investment might be a lightle high but the quality of the product is superb.

rizzo

Re: RE: Ouversons vs. AVM

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Randy and his company are committed to all of us in the big vehicle arena.
x2

I think he is committed to making good parts available to all.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I "inspected" my first 4 Ouverson hubs I found something I did not like, corrected it and sent words and pics to let Randy know but never got an answer....!

Now I'm still waiting for my AVMs to arrive... :x (hopefully next week...:roll: )
It is my intention to disassemble them to the last piece like I did with Ouversons and try to make a fair comparison based on size, material and appearance of components. Specially how each manufacturer solved the seal question.
It is clear that this would allow for just a "first impression"; the last word would only result from a real world test, for example putting one of each brand on the same front axle, same truck, same conditions...which I doubt even the factory does!

Gerhard

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i used the ouversons on my m-621 (deuce) and they do not stick out past my custom wheels which is good. i did not like the 'o' ring seal as i thought it would allow water to get to the bolts, so i used paper gaskets like stock hubs.

sermis

I needed an O ring and talked to Randy about it. He said silicone would work just fine to seal if I wanted to do them that way.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
ouverson hubs were designed for high horsepowere mud trucks on tractor tires. they more than meet any abuse you can put them through in a 134 hp military truck. i have hung out with randy and all his buddys a few times and if you see what they are putting his products through you would be sold on his parts. i have selectros that im prolly gonna sell soon to get a set of ouverson hubs for my truck

dabtl

I put AVM's on the front and forward rear axle using the paper gaskets. They seem to work fine, no leaks and I estimate it took no more than half and hour to install all of them.

MUDLORD said:
ouverson hubs were designed for high horsepowere mud trucks on tractor tires. they more than meet any abuse you can put them through in a 134 hp military truck. i have hung out with randy and all his buddys a few times and if you see what they are putting his products through you would be sold on his parts. i have selectros that im prolly gonna sell soon to get a set of ouverson hubs for my truck
:ditto: No one will put his parts or anyones parts threw more wear and tear then the big boys in florida.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've run over 15000 miles with the selectro hubs, never a problem engaged or not. I like the low profile.

rizzo

If I buy any hubs I am buying American made parts. I like to support the small business people (like myself) and Americans as well. the Ouversons has been tested on high HP mudtrucks. I have no idea what kind of testing the foreign ones have gone through.