• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Over a Year & a Half under a cover & she fired right

IRWFO

I uncovered it a week ago from where it sat since March 2007. Been charging the batteries everyday for a few hours each @ 2amps. Put the trans. & T-Case up Sat. Hooked most everything up today after work. Turned it on, waited for the light to go out and cranked her over. About a second later the Flowmasters were singing. :D I'm a happy man. I still have a few more hours worth of work left to do but it should cruising my town by the weekend.

Attachments

IRWFO

RE: Over a Year & a Half under a cover & she fired r

If you would stop being such a slave driver at work I would have more energy to finish the truck after work. I still love ya Boss. :wink:

AJMBLAZER

Why'd you pull it off the road man?

Good to see you still have it, trouble and all.

IRWFO

When the Flex Plate Teeth finally went (Bad since I bought it) and cracked the starter housing I figured it was a good time to fix all the oil leaks that started popping up. After laying under there for hours looking at what all the heavy undercoating was hiding I was so disgusted that I just didn't want to look at it anymore. You know the story.
My plans now are to play with it. Do some parades and day trips with some local MV collectors. The one good thing is the motor has low miles and the frame is solid and no evidence of a crash. Since parts are easy to come by I might be pulling the body from the frame and do a real restoration. Well that is just what is going through my mind right now and it wouldn't happen till next year anyway. Right now I just want to drive it.
Speaking of driving it. I did all the little things I had to do today except I can not for the life of me get the dip stick tube into the trans. I just don't understand what is going on. I would be out driving instead of type if I could have got it. Nothing is ever easy for me.

AJMBLAZER

Welcome to my life.

So another typical Alfa Heaven truck.

I need to cut off my rockers, replace both doors, the front and rear fenders could use it, and the tailgate is crustier than the paint suggests too I'm finding.

The rockers are going to get replaced with square tube, the doors are a PITA but easily doable, the fenders will either get cut further or replaced with fiberglass fenders, and the tailgate is an easy but not cheap fix. Wonderful fun for a supposedly rust free truck I still have a payment on. Oh well, I spread the word.

Did I mention the GOB of bondo I found in the passenger side front fender last fall? It was OVER the original paint but under the Alfa applied paint job...over a crease that could have been fixed...oh well, I cut half of it out anyways to fit the tires but more of Tom's lies.

How's your buddy's M1009? The one that didn't even make the drive home the first try?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks