• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overall Height with Hood Straight Up

renovate7

I've seen a few pictures with the hood up. It looks like it is quite a bit taller than the cab/cargo cover. Can anyone measure the height with the hood straight up? I want to make sure I've got enough height under this incoming carport. Thanks.

renovate7

Still need help with this. I scaled off some pictures and it look like it is over 11' with the hood opened and straight up. Can anyone get a measurement? I have to finalize the order for this metal carport tomorrow. Thanks

steelandcanvas

I just went out to the shop and measured. From the ground to the cowling, I measured right at 6'. Then I measured the length of the hood, approximately 4' 3", which gives you a total height of about 10' 3". Hope this helps.

renovate7

Thank you both for the help. I'm changing the leg height from 9' to 10'. This is a "Carolina Carport". Metal roof with legs. It looks like I'll have 12' 4" clear inside at the peak with 10' legs. I want to leave room for overhead lights etc. I poured the slab last Friday. 6" concrete, 3000psi, 2 layers wire, 18hx12w mono footer. Last thing I wanted to do is pull in and have the hood hit the roof before it's open all the way.