• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overspeed?

Artisan

My M925A1, to the best of my knowledge does not have anything
"OverSpeed" related to it. I looked it up in the TM and
could not find the awnser to my question.

What is "OVERSPEED"

Second question; What truck(s) would THIS dashboard fit,
the yellow arrow points to an OVERSPEED light I think is what
that hole is for...

jw4x4

I have heard that the 915 trucks had them. Any time the vehicle exceeded 55 mph, the OVERSPEED light was activated. It was likely de-activated by the driver at their first convenience (esp when owned by a civy).

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
That instrument panel is from a M939A2. Overspeed as used on the M939A2 series applies to the operation of the CTIS. That indicator when lit indicates that the truck is running to fast for the CTIS operating range selected on the the CTIS control box on the left side of the transmission tower.

Information on this can be found in the 31 July 2012 edition of the -10 Operators manual. A picture of the panel is on page 0004-9 and other places also.

As Doghead would say, "Reading can be fun."

Last edited:

Tornadogt

just picked my truck up a few days ago M931A2 .. I drove it back 540 miles with the CTIS set to HWY setting (top button) anything over 55 mph the yellow overspeed light would blink had to watch it blink for 9 hours :) overspeed.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks