• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overview and video tour of my M1009...

linx310

Some of you guys might find this video I made interesting. I just give a tour of my vehicle and take it for a drive through my neighborhood in Hays County Texas.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTVRlYvi8tM[/media]

K9Vic

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Your truck really has come a long way from when you got it, great work and well done!!

raf32

Linx310
I remember you from the AK47.net days. I live in Austin shoot AKs and have a M1009 myself.
Great minds think alike. :)

linx310

Just wanted to give you guys an update on my M1009 since I have had it on the road for over 2 months now.

So far I have not had any major issues, the treadwright tires are holding together great.

My mileage results seem to be a little less then some others I have seen listed on here. I am have been using the exact same diesel pump and stoping it at the same place every time.

Mixed use 16-17 mpg
Highway 22 mpg

Not to bad for a truck that weighs this much.

I have not installed the turbo yet. It is missing some minor parts (that I have a feeling will cost and arm and leg to replace) and will need a new muffler so I am holding off on it since it will probably cost $500-$1500 to put it in.