• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Owner experiences (having fun)

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went 10 pages deep and didn't see a thread like this, if there's one already, feel free to link it.

I'm starting to think if the price if right I might be able to get a tracked vehicle, but I thought I'd ask people who own one (or more) what they do with theirs.

I read the thread on importing to the US, and people pay me to navigate bureaucracies, so that part of the venture doesn't scare me.

I don't own a lot of land, but live in the Pacific NW where we have thousands of miles of state owned logging roads and other off-road, roads. Also, the beaches here are all public and allow cars. We also have state owned ORV parks.

Does anyone have experience driving a tracked vehicle in this sort of environment? I've been a member of car clubs and we use the logging and other off-road roads for rallies all the time. I was thinking trailer an APC or something similar and just make a day of it. I have a truck that can pull some of the lighter tracked vehicles.

Or is this something you just can only drive on your own land?

Just for reference an FV102 Striker caught my eye recently, I've also looked at a M56 Scorpion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks