• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

P/S pump install

CanadianAR

I am working on a guys hmmwv for him. He local and couldn’t find a shop to do it. I have been a diesel tech for 20 years.
His alt bracket had broken off, and he pulled it out on his own with the steering attached. But I reinstalled it without the pump so I could ensure proper mating and torque.

it’s a 195000 A2. Everything I’ve read it should just come out/go in.
I’m getting hung up on the return spigots on the back of the reservoir.
M
Any ideas.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am a novice myself, but I would ask if you were given the correct (military) pump. I understand the civi pumps are different than the military ones. But maybe that is only on the internals.

When I did mine, I bolted the bracket to the pump first and then the assembly to the engine. Then I installed the generator bracket, and the generator last.

Maybe just remove the bracket and try to mate it to the pump first and then install the whole assembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks