• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint on target

dirtyfingernails

I painted my truck yesterday. The Florida heat nearly killed me! Wearing a respirator for 2-3 hours didn't help. Anyway, I'm pleased with how it turned out. Some before pics provided too. Cab alone (in and out) took 2 gallons.

Attachments

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How long did it take to mask it? Did you prep any more than sanding? What were you wanting as far as final outcome? Quality?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks very nice! Might want to get a new set of data plates though. The ones you have are a little faded, and with a new paint job, a new set of data plates really stands out!

dirtyfingernails

Masking took about 2 hours with my wife helping (she did the tires and wheels). Sanded (scratched) the entire cab. Just wanted it all one color honestly. However, the quality is surprising good in my opinion--especailly for a novice painter.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Paint on target

maddawg308 said:
Looks very nice! Might want to get a new set of data plates though. The ones you have are a little faded, and with a new paint job, a new set of data plates really stands out!
How does one go about getting new plates? I picked a couple NOS generics on e-bay, but what about the ones that are particular to the vehicle? Like the one for the serial number? I'm getting ready for paint, and maybe the new data plate idea is something I will want to do.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Paint on target

Try MV Data Plates. Don't be in a huge hurry but Dan has a great stock and can even stamp your plates for you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad the crane wasn't there a few days ago, might have been able to talk him into moving a bed.

dirtyfingernails

Thanks for the compliments! The crane was part of a tree service. A guy climbed to the top of the tree, attached the crane's cable, they put upward tension on the cable, cut the tree at the bottom, lifted the tree and placed it gently near the road. Then they cut it up and hauled it away. Kenny, you're right, I could have used that crane last week!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lookiin' good. I've been re-painting mine for the past 8 months...finally getting close to finishing.