• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting M1009

Warren Lovell

Well, I've decided to paint my M1009, starting with the top, which I have removed. I took all the weatherstripping off and am using a Martin Senour catalyzed tan primer. I am top coating it with Desert Tan from Tri City Paints "Kustom Shop Flatz"

HRF 233 - Desert Tan

This topcoat is urethane 2 component and has UV resistance and chemical resistance, and is only $145 for a gallon with reducer and hardener. The color is very close to the gallons of Gillespie tan I have. It contains UV inhibitors to protect your finish from fading and chalking. High durability, chemical resistance, easy to mix, fast dry time - dust free in 20-30 minutes, single stage urethane, and low luster anti-glare finish.

My Gillespie tan paint is for sale by the way. I think I have 3 gallons.

I will take photos and place them on my Facebook site as I progress.

My weatherstripping was supplied by LMC Truck. It is very well made.

combatmech

I have changed my weather stripping on my hard top with the LMC kits. Good stuff. The only problem....the rear window outer seal doesnt excatly fit. Other than that...well worth the cash and effort to keep the hard top from leaking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks