• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting my Deuce.

Blood_of_Tyrants

It was such a nice day here in middle Tennessee that I just had to do some painting on my deuce. The bed drain holes were plugged and there be had about an inch of water sitting in it continuously for months at a time.

My helper is my 6 year old daughter.

Attachments

Blood_of_Tyrants

She helped for about 2 hours and painted pretty well, too. She did manage to get more on the truck than herself. Since the paint is water cleanup, it came off her hands easily.

The paint is Porter Paints water based satin acrylic enamel that is suitable for direct to metal application. The color is called "camouflage". You can go to their website and see it under the "Specialty" category. I used the Ultra Deep Base Here is the link:

http://www.porterpaints.com/products/specialty/porter_guard_dtm_acrylic_enamels/index.htm

The base coat is Zinser deep base tinted to a sand color.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just ordered some spray cans from Rapco to do some touch up on my truck from Smyrna. It's the same color as CARC green without the deadly hazards of CARC. Santa Clause is supposed to be bringing me a spray gun for Christmas so I'm going to order some gallons and paint the whole truck when I get around to it.

P.S. Did you get your EUC on your trailer yet?

littlebob

Great to see your daughter spending quality time with you. Cherish these times, because I had one too and at some point I just became a stupid old guy with a wallet. Mine is fourteen and these are the hardest years.
littlebob

goldneagle

I have been using the Rustolium camouflage spray paint available at Home Depot. Covers well and is flat so no shine to give you away in the woods. The paint dries fast and blends in good with the paint already on the vehicles. I did my whole trailer with it and it came out great!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FMJ, It's not really that bad but it is more toxic that most paint that you will find. The main reason I decided to stay away from CARC is from looking at trucks that are painted with it. Everything I've ever seen painted with CARC that has any age on it the paint has cracked and is flaking off. Gillespie (Rapco) paint will go on better in my opinion and it's a lot cheaper. Unless you're planing on comming in contact with NBC agents I wouldn't use CARC myself.

Blood_of_Tyrants

I like the Porter Paint because it is low sheen, low odor, durable, goes on easy, and cleans up with soap and water. Cost is about $29/gal. One gallon will cover a truck but I am going over many parts with two coats so about 1 1/2 gal to 2 gallons per truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks