• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paperwork at Sierra AD

papakb

On the last sale I won a trailer at Sierra Army Depot. Surprisingly enough, the EUC processed quickly and the GL employee I spoke to at Sierra was very helpful. What Aaron failed to mention was the bases requirements to get on the base.

I asked a friend in the area to pick up the trailer and store it for me until I got home again, no problem. I downloaded and printed the appropriate documents for authorizing pickup and base access, signed them, dated them and set them to Reno. No problem.

When he got to the Sierra Army Depot Badge and Pass he was instructed that he was not allowed on base in any vehicle other than one personally owned and insured. A borrowed or rented vehicle even with appropriate paperwork would not be allowed on base. In addition, ALL cell phones had to be turned off and left at the Badge and Pass office.

With a string of already PO'd semi drivers behind him waiting to make deliveries all ready to drop their delivery trailers in the parking lot and let the B & P personel find a way to get them to their proper delivery locations, he bailed. A day wasted.

Why can't this all be explained ahead of time? Is it because of government outsourcing our military guys are no longer allowed to provide security and access to their own bases or is it because the civilian employees are so dim they either can't or won't make a decision?

When the frustrated soldiers all decide to pack up and go home will all the old men in the Pentagon and the rest of our government wonder what happened? Or will it escape them completely? Affirmative action sure didn't work, wonder what else the Pennsylvania Ave elite wizzbangs will come up with?

So as the song goes....................

If you're goin' to Sierra Army Depoet
Be sure to wear some paperwork in your hair,
If you're goin' to Sierra Army Depot
Plan on spending way too much time there...................

Remember to take all your heritage papers with you. maybe by providing a lineage back to the crusades it'll help, but I doubt it!

:xauaauarofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks