• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Park lights not on

5280M35a2

Is there a way to get the parking lights to stay on when you have the headlights on? Also has anyone added more lights for off roading,if so lets see some pics.

Snarky

I have two 14$ o'reilly chinese daylighter knockoffs that I installed 24 volt H3 bulbs in, and sprayed OD green. Twice as bright as high beams, effective on the beach. Wired them directly to the battery with a inline fuse and high amperage military style switch. The easiest way to run the ground is to attach the wire to lamps bolt when you install it, that way you just have one wire to deal with.

Also, just use a probe to find a hot wire for the front parking lights while you have the parking lights switched on. Then probe and find a wire for the rear running lights while the headlights are on. Connect the rear running lights to the front parking lights, and you're good to go.

Attachments

rmgill

I installed my aux lights under the bumper. I wanted to be able to walk on the bumper to service the truck engine.

M813A1

the way you get front running light is to run a jumper wire behind the 3 lever switch fro pin H and L I believe and it will let you have front runing light and also just running light when you set the parking light only !!

ctmustang

Yeah that's definately a safety thing that would not hurt to have. And also looks pretty cool coming down the road . Think I'll do the same thing since we live out in the dark country.:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks