• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking brake indicator not working.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M923A2 I've searched the TM's and the site and can't find much on the parking brake indicator. It's pretty much the only thing on this truck that doesn't work. Replaced the bulb of course with known good. Any ideas where to start? Where is the switch located for activating the parking brake indicator?

Thanks.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, at the bottom of the lever is a small rectangular plate with a point contact switch with 2 wires. Check the ground wire as it can be ripped loose over time. It is a 2 wire deal.

You have to pull and dismantle the lever and air switch to get at it. It is available on flea bay and pricey. Another ss member might have one on a parts truck. PIA to get to in between the seats.

Scarecrow1

Mine didn't work and I found a wire on top of the trans that was broken and just tied on top. I repaired it and now it works fine. Just trace the wire coming through the floor and make sure it isn't broken like mine was. I won't take but a minute to check........

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine didn't work and I found a wire on top of the trans that was broken and just tied on top. I repaired it and now it works fine. Just trace the wire coming through the floor and make sure it isn't broken like mine was. I won't take but a minute to check........
I found a wire (No#10) near the airhorn that's disconnected and plugged, wonder if that isn't it? Thinking maybe troops got tired of the buzzer when parked for long periods of time? Don't feel like crawling around in the snow right now so it will wait a few more days/weeks in MN.

brianp454

I have an M35A2C and would like to add a switch to the parking brake to use for an indicator to remind me if the brake is engaged. ERIK's surplus sells the M35A3 switch, btu they are out of stock. Do you know of a supplier that has a swtich I can use? I'm thinking that maybe many of these trucks have the same (or very similar) parking brake lever, so I may be able to use\adapt a switch from another model. I'm pretty sure the M35A3 switch would work as a drop-in. Could you also take a picture of the switch installed so I can get an idea of how it is hooked up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks