• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

part from steering column

rlwm211

If I am not mistaken, that is a switch that slides in alongside the ignition lock cylinder and is the source of the annoying key buzzer. It makes contact with the bottom of the turn signal switch and is relayed through that harness to the appropriate location on the fuse panel where this would be used to activate a buzzer if you leave your key in the ignition and open the door.
I will add the caveat that the item in the picture has been mangled a bit and I could be wrong.

91W350

When I pulled my M1008 apart to install a new lock cylinder, there was an arched spring with a little insulation left on it floating around in there. I put the column back together without that spring under the turn signal switch and everything seems to be fine. I am not sure what its intended purpose was. I thought it may have been a preload spring for the turn signal switch, but it feels normal. Mine did not look nearly as electronic as that part does though. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks