• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part number for Left Rear Rear Spring Brake

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up a new M923A1, the Left Rear Rear Spring Brake Diaphram is leaking out air...I want to replace the Entire unit, Is this the Dual Chamber? I assume so but want to make sure.
Am I best off finding a takeout unit from a Parts truck?

I looked in the Parts cross ref and the part numbers I give the Guy at Napa come up as the Diaphram and not the entire unit.

Air Brake Diaphragm Chamber NAPA MBI DP12 NAPA MBI DP16

5 ton Brake Air Pack Bendix 375844 Navistar 102403R1

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the TOM, it appears the Spring brake has 2 Diaphrams correct, one side that is not under spring pressure and the other side that where the Cage bolts goes....I know thats the side not to mess with.....buit it appears the other side is quite east to replace once caged....any help apprecitated.....

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see the Inner Diaphram as 234226....I have air coming out of the small hole on top, would that happen if one or both of the diaphrams was bad?

Rkrug

There are 2 diaphragms inner and outer only try replacing the outer, mine blew one, so I replaced the outer and it still leaks so it must be the inner, i'd try replacing the outer first its only 5 bucks vs the whole thing.2cents

IMG_0785.jpgIMG_0784.jpgIMG_0783.jpgIMG_0788.jpg

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the outer at Napa...waiting on a take spring brake chamber from a ss member....really wish I could find a napa number for one just in case....all the numbers I give them do not cross. Going through there book I think we have gotten close based on measurements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks