• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

parting out M109

123mack

I know of a M109 being parted out. Already gone are: cab,hood, battery compartment, tool box, turbo, radiatior, front axle hubs and shafts. He wants $400 for the engine( 90s' production), $300 for the van body, or $800 for everything. Goes to the scrapper on 9 June. It's located near Montgomery,AL.

ida34

Darn it. I want a van body and for that price I would snatch it up. The only thing holding me back is the thousands of dollars in fuel to come get it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You better come down on a weekend to pick up Kip's rig. I might even make a trip up to have a beer with yall.

123mack

It's in Lowndsboro, about 20 miles west of Montgomery on U.S. 80. A guy in our club has it . I was talking to him this morning and he said he was going to send the whole thing to the scrapyard. I told him it would be a shame to scrap a truck with a good engine ,trans,etc, so he said go ahead and try to sell it to someone who might need it.

JB

Is the engine & tranny still mounted? I assume he has a fork lift or something to load it with. I'll be going through Montgomery this week if plans work out & I may take it off his hands.

ida34

Re: RE: parting out M109

gimpyrobb said:
You better come down on a weekend to pick up Kip's rig. I might even make a trip up to have a beer with yall.
If I can get my truck sold I will buy the beer.

123mack

Truck has been sold. Thanks to all who replied. I will probably have some cab parts common to the 2.5 and 5 ton from my tractor -wrecker project in a few months.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks