• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts needed

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
If this is not the appropriate place to post this plea, please forgive me. I am new to the group and just trying to find my way around.

I am seeking some parts to complete an obscure G-742-based truck. The truck is a V-17A/MTQ telephone maintenance truck.

I need the rear steps, the gin poles, and most importantly the rotating platform that mounts on top.

Ideally, these would be somewhere in the eastern US - but this is only a preference. I am willing to buy more - perhaps even the entire bed or truck, to secure these parts.

I'd appreciate even a lead to these parts if you don't have them yourself.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
David Doyle
West Tennessee

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I scoured the place pretty thoroughly a few years ago, and don't remember seeing it - but then I missed the famous, well-travelled pipeline bed or I would have brought it home!

I plan on checking on things up there soon though.

Thanks!
David Doyle
West Tennessee

Opie

Miltrucks has one and might have some insight as to parts in Ohio. (Or you could buy his truck from him...)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, I've got a step from an old tank bed! Don't have any idea if it's correct for the V17. Its got some compression springs and a block with a V cut in it. When I find my camera, I'll take a pic for you. Also, BFR is on this list and he may still have the parts for the LeRoi compressor bed that I told you about. Anything truck specific you need, he's scrapping the cab/chassis!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks