• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Per foot of bed, which is heavier?

MrArmyAnt

If bobbing a deuce, which is lighter per foot of trailer (length of truck, not width) (only common ground I can think to ask the question) Which is lighter the stock bed or trailer bed?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on which trailer you're asking about. If an M105, i'd guess the M105 bed.

oddshot

IF (and a big ol' if) you can believe the scrap yard ... the M35a2 bed weighs 1,300 POUNDS.

I've seen guesstamits on the M105 bed at 700 pounds.

Don't forget ... there is more then just the bed that comes off when doing a bob job.

oddshot

KsM715

The question is, which weighs more, a M105 bed or a deuce bed with 3 foot cut off? My guess is the stock deuce bed will weigh more (even with 3 feet missing) its wider and I think its built a little stouter than a trailer bed.

rlwm211

The difference in weight is minimal when you consider the capacity of the truck. If anything, having a little more weight in the back of a 4x4 deuce will make it ride a bit better and have more rear traction. Even so, I owuld wager that it is maybe 100 pounds difference.

Don't forget when you shorten the frame and add the 105 body, it needs to be raised to allow for clearance for the tires in the rear suspension especially if you plan on big donuts....That shim between the deuce frame and the 105 body is not made out of paper.

RL

197thhhc

The deuce bed shortened will still be heavier due to the frame under it. Physically they will be close but the deuce bed sits higher due to the frame under it. Its more a matter of which look you like and are you willing to take on chopping and rewelding the deuce bed. With the M105 bed its pretty much stick it on and bolt it down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks