• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Perfectly ok 1989 M35A2C gets broken up

tamangel

looks like there are 3 members w/in striking distance of Milan, Michigan to maybe check it out.....

I asked the guy for more pic's..

Mike

tamangel

maybe...

when I asked him about more photos of the exterior and cab, he responded:

"ok, will be up soon.but this auction is for the engine and trans
only. If you want the whole truck we can talk about it"

Info for anyone...

Mike

ida34

I have seen the truck. It is not an 89. I told him about this. The title has the registration number not the vin number. He had the thing on Ebay about a month ago. The truck cab is real rusty. He has taken parts off the truck such as the heater. His description on the ebay auction was a great work of fiction. It was a depot rebuild in 89 I think. He thought the MWO for the seat belt was the rebuild date and it was later than the actual rebuild date. I would not be surprised if the 89 year was still the MWO since he did not seem concerned that he was putting bad info in his auction description last time. The frame and components were repainted carc at the depot rebuild but someone changed out the bed as it was four color merdec (sp) camo. I repeat. This is not an 89 truck. It does not have the late Air Force improvements. Beware. The truck sounded a little rough. The truck did not impress me. No way a $6700 truck. I wonder what happened to the other ebay auction for it? I wonder why it fell through. The reserve was met and the last amount I saw was near $7000. The photos of the underside are the best looking part of the truck. I would not pay more than $3000 for the whole truck. I would also only pay that if he got the title fixed. When I told him about the vin being wrong he just shrugged and told me that cops would not check it and do not know where to look for the proper vin number. I told him I knew at least one cop in the area that knew exactly what to look for. 8) Any one looking at it remember it is not an 89 and it has an improper title. It is a depot rebuild but parts have been swapped since the rebuild. Cab is real rusty. He said he had a lot of paperwork that was in the truck showing what was replaced when but he did not bring that to show us when we looked at the truck. He had another truck that he said was his brothers and this may be that one but it did not look like a truck in good condition. I think it had a hard top also.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ida34 said:
I have seen the truck. It is not an 89. I told him about this. The title has the registration number not the vin number. He had the thing on Ebay about a month ago. The truck cab is real rusty. He has taken parts off the truck such as the heater. His description on the ebay auction was a great work of fiction. It was a depot rebuild in 89 I think. He thought the MWO for the seat belt was the rebuild date and it was later than the actual rebuild date. I would not be surprised if the 89 year was still the MWO since he did not seem concerned that he was putting bad info in his auction description last time. The frame and components were repainted carc at the depot rebuild but someone changed out the bed as it was four color merdec (sp) camo. I repeat. This is not an 89 truck. It does not have the late Air Force improvements. Beware. The truck sounded a little rough. The truck did not impress me. No way a $6700 truck. I wonder what happened to the other ebay auction for it? I wonder why it fell through. The reserve was met and the last amount I saw was near $7000. The photos of the underside are the best looking part of the truck. I would not pay more than $3000 for the whole truck. I would also only pay that if he got the title fixed. When I told him about the vin being wrong he just shrugged and told me that cops would not check it and do not know where to look for the proper vin number. I told him I knew at least one cop in the area that knew exactly what to look for. 8) Any one looking at it remember it is not an 89 and it has an improper title. It is a depot rebuild but parts have been swapped since the rebuild. Cab is real rusty. He said he had a lot of paperwork that was in the truck showing what was replaced when but he did not bring that to show us when we looked at the truck. He had another truck that he said was his brothers and this may be that one but it did not look like a truck in good condition. I think it had a hard top also.
Thanks for the insight! While still sad that a truck gets chopped up, at least it is not one of the latest Air Force trucks....

ida34

I don't think anyone will get the truck here because we know what they are worth. He may find someone who does not know any better to pay that much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks