• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Periphery washer source

JeePa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I am reassembling a 1953 M43, there a number of external exposed bolts with standard flat washers that when I compare with my other 1953 finished M43 have the squared periphery washers. I have not been able to find a source for these washers. They are slightly cupped so not a true flat washer.
Reaching back into ancient memories, when the Big Electric was the font of all knowledge M37, I recall a Mr Original looked into getting these manufactured. (Yeah, I know, THAT is a while back so the Olive Drab contagion has not obliterated all neuronal function in my memory banks, BUT there may be a delusional component.)
Any new sources for these? I have a Fastenal associate looking into their archives but I have not found an actual source. Someone mentioned using the cab floor washers and substituting standard flat washers there.
Thanks for any leads.
Highest Regards, JeePa (Mobilized Medic of yore)

JeePa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am bird-dogging for a source. I talked with a fellow at the Snake River 4x4 number I found. He told me he sold his inventory to Vintage Power wagon. I have information request out to VPW and MWM and as soon as I have a verifiEd source I will post the information.
As far as setting a direct link, I know for sure that ”righty tightly and lefty loosely” works pretty consistently on my trucks but when it comes to the digital techniques, you would not want me piloting an anti-tank drone from my computer. 😆
Regards, JeePa

JeePa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yo M37 Bruce! I just had a flashback of the Big Electric 😆! Midlothian exists!
So far I have not received any confirmation on the square periphery washers our trucks use. My Willys MB slatgrille project has plenty of the round style of washers available, which is what the dealers are replying as “periphery washers”.
I will add up what I need this weekend and see if we can work something out. I too, bought a batch from Tom seems like a just yesterday, but that was over ten years ago. (I was informed he sold his stock to Vintage Power Wagon.) )Seems like only last year. Used them up on another M43 I was working on at the time or gifted/traded off extras to other G741ers over the years.
I keep hoping I will open a box from my spare parts stock and be surprised by a forgotten stash of washers .
Now that would be a flashback!
Highest Regards, JeePa ( AKA Mobilized Medic)

John Mc

I had heard that the manufacturer stopped making them - or at least stopped making most sizes. However, I did come across this link. I have not contacted them to see if they are actually available, or if this is just a listing that has not been updated.

See picture at the top, then scroll down to Toothed periphery washer. If you do contact them, please share what you find out.

M-37Bruce

yo M37 Bruce! I just had a flashback of the Big Electric 😆! Midlothian exists!
So far I have not received any confirmation on the square periphery washers our trucks use. My Willys MB slatgrille project has plenty of the round style of washers available, which is what the dealers are replying as “periphery washers”.
I will add up what I need this weekend and see if we can work something out. I too, bought a batch from Tom seems like a just yesterday, but that was over ten years ago. (I was informed he sold his stock to Vintage Power Wagon.) )Seems like only last year. Used them up on another M43 I was working on at the time or gifted/traded off extras to other G741ers over the years.
I keep hoping I will open a box from my spare parts stock and be surprised by a forgotten stash of washers .
Now that would be a flashback!
Highest Regards, JeePa ( AKA Mobilized Medic)
Yo Medic, it is indeed a small world, my truck is still not finished, re-started about 8 years ago, thought retirement would get me finished? I post a pic of my scattered periphery washers, then you can make me an offer? LOL

JeePa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had heard that the manufacturer stopped making them - or at least stopped making most sizes. However, I did come across this link. I have not contacted them to see if they are actually available, or if this is just a listing that has not been updated.

See picture at the top, then scroll down to Toothed periphery washer. If you do contact them, please share what you find out.
Thanks for the link. I was in process to see if they still have in stock when you sent link. One of their staff needs to talk directly to me, as those toothed square periphery
washers may no longer be in production.
Keep sending any info along. It would be great to have a source for some of these essential parts.
BTW check out Vics Dodge Garage (vicsdodgegarage.com) for old dodge truck parts.
Some of the power wagon parts may cross over for the M trucks.
I plan to post any sources for future reference. So far nothing solid.
highest regards, Jeepa.

JeePa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yo Medic, it is indeed a small world, my truck is still not finished, re-started about 8 years ago, thought retirement would get me finished? I post a pic of my scattered periphery washers, then you can make me an offer? LOL
Sounds good. Yeah, I know about retirement, I need an extra hour every day and an extra Saturday every week just keep up with everything. I have no idea how I’m gonna get out in front of it all. 😆. Highest Regards, JeePa / Mobilized Medic

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks