• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos in GL auction do not match truck delivered..!!!

coyotegray

Has anyone bid on a truck, M35A2, and hired a trucking company to deliver it and when it was delivered it was not the same truck pictured in the auction..?

Im dealing with this right now..

C.g.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They get auction info wrong all the time. Alot of times GL will work with you when this happens but if you read the terms and conditions they don't have to do anything. They may take the truck back but I bet they won't pay for the trucking and you'll have to pay the trucking company again to haul it back.
Look and see if the lot number on the truck is the same as the lot number on your invoice. The number is usually written with a magic marker somewhere on or near the front with the event number with it.
Did you inspect the truck before bidding? In my opinion you're "rolling the dice" when you don't go and inspect a truck before you bid.

coyotegray

I wanted to update this and say that Greg with GL in San Antonio is taking great care of my problem.

There was a mix up with the paperwork and he is working on getting the wrong truck picked up and the correct one delivered to me..

C.g.

Pawnshop

coyotegray said:
I wanted to update this and say that Greg with GL in San Antonio is taking great care of my problem.

There was a mix up with the paperwork and he is working on getting the wrong truck picked up and the correct one delivered to me..

C.g.
Did they send you the one missing the drivers seat?

Bozor1000

The truck that I just brought home had other numbers from other lot numbers like it had been sold before or they tagged it wrong. Who cares though, my truck is the one in the picture that was advertised.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
one time i won a 818 from miss. i picked up truck with bent hood that i knew about but missing 5th wheel. they gave me another 5th wheel to replace it with no trouble. later i took a real good look at the pics and i found that pics were taken of 2 different trucks. one with 5th wheel and one without. it turned out that i get a better truck missing less parts. i was thankful Tim

cten

Gee, maybe for the right price you could keep the other for spare parts or sell as scrap? Cheaper than them having to pick it up and haul it back with the price of fuel right now.