• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos of Convoy Light Extensions??

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have any close up photos of the extension for the convoy lights? I think I have all the parts except the extensions. Unless someone has a pair for sale I am going to have to fab up a set, and some photos would be big help since I have never actually seen a setup on a truck, except at a distance. I plan to have a yellow light on one post and a spot/flood light in a cage on the other. Can't have enough light on a wrecker!
THanks,
James G.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce, thanks for the photo, how far does it extend? Jason are you going to be around Monday, I would like to look at a set installed.
James G.

Deuceswild

rumplecat,

I just went out to do some measuring,

The outside ( housing ) tube measures 58 1/2'' long, then there is the wing nut portion of the mount which sits on top of the main tube which measures another 1 1/2''.

The inner pipe length is 40 1/2'' long, the original ' pin through holes' are as measured from the top down,,,

1st is located 1 1/2'' ( from the top down )
2nd @ 19 1/2''
3rd @ 22''

You could actually put more holes in it thought as when I did the measurement for the overall lenght of the inner tube, I pulled it all the way out of the outside tube, there is plenty of stretch in the coiled power feed leads.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

acetomatoco

I have some for sale in VT... I have a whole kit $275, and another batch of incomplete kits...if you were closer you could come and pick em up....at one of the East Coast Shows... However since 14 Feb there have been 72 inches of snit here and I will be a long time waiting for the melting to expose my containers... ACE