• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos of my new ride...

91W350

Well.... almost new. I picked it up in Chadron Nebraska and hauled it the 520 miles home on a trailer. The odometer was at 25,000.0 when I bought it and now it is 25,400. The thing runs great! It does not have as much diesel clatter as my old 85 had and it does not start as quickly. It seems to have more power and does a little less fuel mileage wise. It has been running 16.5 in the city and 19.5 on the road. Anyway, thought I would share some photos of the beast. Built late in '86, so it is titled as an '87.

Attachments

12vctd

Great looking truck, and awsome find, i am trying to find one myself. The differences in power, timing and engine noise could very well be just diff in timing between the two trucks. Since this new truck has good power, (never mentioned any smoke) and is alittle harder to start I would think your pump is timed slightly BTDC. There are plenty of 6.2 owners running up to 8.5* BTDC @ 2000k RPM. I personally timed my old 6.2 to 2.5* @ 1300 rpm and found it the best trade of for both economy and power.

raiburn

Looks frickin' cherry, I'll bet that wasn't cheap.
btw, a W350 is a one ton Dodge. Probably a 1991. Just a guess. Joe

86 m1028
87 jeep yj one ton runnin' gear
03 express 3500

"one tonned up son"

Last edited:

91W350

Nice truck! Oh btw I'm curious about your screen name, were you a medic or something?

-Dale
That is from my old 1991 Dodge 5 speed 4x4 Cummins Pickup. In Dodge terms of the day, W was 4x4 and 350 was the designation for one ton. So, toss em all together and you get 91W350. My first Cummins pickup was a 91 3/4 2wd or 91D250. Glen

91W350

Looks frickin' cherry, I'll bet that wasn't cheap.
It looks better in the photos than in real life. It has a small but fairly deep dent in the hood, I suspect a forklift ding in the left bed side and a raised spot on the right bedrail. They let something slam into the front of the box and it is about bowed to the cab. It had been serving the Job Corp site at the Pine Ridge Park in NW Nebraska. I cannot find anything with rust on it, not even bumper bolts. Kind of cool to see that part. None the less, I feel fortunate to have it and it drives super.

Thanks guys for all the kind comments. Glen

monkeythumbs

I don't think he was a Medic, I think its in reference to a truck. Check out his signature line he has 1991 Dodge W350 SRW Cummins listed as a vechicle. I thinks thats where "91W350" comes from. I do agree with everyone on thats a sharp truck.

I see evertbody posted what 91W350 was before I could, late as usual.

Last edited:

Tnrobocop

Gotcha. New to the owing a CUCV thing and wasn't sure.

Have driven several over the last 20 years, but haven't owned any until this year and have owned two.

Nice looking truck.

91W350

If that is your Blazer in your avatar, that is a nice looking truck too. I think one of those is next on my purchase list.

KsM715

How did you get it? was it a GSA sale?

Small world. I was born in Chadron, drive through there twice a year on my way to the Black Hills, I live about an hour east of you just on the east side of Manhattan.

91W350

The Chadron Home Center bought it and sold it on Ebay. I think it sold through GSA prior to that. I used to come over your way pretty frequently, bashing my M715 at the Tuttle ORV Park. Never left any parts there, but sure ruined a nice pristine M715 tailgate, slid backwards down a rock shelf into a tree. I wish I had left the gate at home that day!

Attachments

KsM715

Ive got a nice small short jeep for the orv. I wouldnt even dare to take my M715 down there for that very reason.

91W350

I have some photos of it belly down on the ledges. If I can find them, I will post a couple. There was not many trails there I did not run with it. 37" tires, Detroit Locker in the rear and a Lock Right in the front. Small block Chevy with the Novak conversion. It worked pretty slick. If I was to do it over, I would have used a Chevrolet engine, transmission and transfer case. I wanted to keep the stock transfer case shifters and E-brake lever.

This one was on top of Soldiers Cap at the Smoky Hill Bombing Range. Glen

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks