• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic request - rear identification lights - 3 red lights

sed6

I'm considering adding what the DOT calls rear identification lights, the three reds in a row generally required on vehicles wider than 80" to the rear of my M925. I've seen a few pics here, mostly from members in tedious inspection states, but a search hasn't turned any up. I'm trying to get some ideas as to what type of light I want to use and where to locate them. Pics or links to pics would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Skullmaster

Here is mine, I used little led markers that I got from northern tool, I have over 30 of them on my truck. Go for about $2.99. They are 12v, i hooked mine into a converter wired into the running lights

20150103_121242_resized.jpg20150117_171447_resized.jpg

sed6

Wowzers, nice! I knew I also wanted to add some side marker lights, and yours up top look great. Anyone else please?

FullSpecial

Helps to have a good friend that's a welder/fabricator and doesn't mind working on something different.
For a few dollars I'm sure they would. Draw out what you want a little small with a Sharpie and grind out to your true dimensions.

sed6

Well it took many months but I finally got back to this project. I decided for now not to cut into the truck and instead add them underneath the bed. I also added some reflective tape to help with visibility, specifically when parked on the street overnight.

20160516_200908.jpg

20160516_180934.jpg