• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic request - Singled 1200R20 with flipped hubs

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Debating on dual 1200s, or singled 1200s with hub flip.

Help me make my decision.

Single rating is 8200lbs, so still well within the weight handling capacity, even singled out.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were like that when I bought it. It took me four months to get it running and then I sold it. Truck did great in the sand with the tires like that though. I would really like to buy it back but my wife would kill me. It needs a lot of work/parts from lights to mirrors and everything in between but it’s an a1 with the 427 Continental.
Smokes like a freight train...

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand that flipping the hubs is the right way to do it but it just looks to goofy.
Yeah. Especially with the box I'm looking at putting on it.

I might just have to do duals.

I'm curious what the experience is of people running 1100s or 1200s singled out vs dual 1100s or 900s re: drivability, turning, MPG, acceleration (LOL!), etc.

HDN

The hubs aren’t flipped but these are 12.00 x 20s singled on the original rims. The rears end up a little wider than the front and it gives the truck a nice stance.
I actually like that look and the singled-out 5-tons rock it too on the tandem axles. But it may affect deuce rear wheel bearings but no effect when done with the 5-ton? :unsure:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks