• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pick up at lejune

ncduece

i will be going to lejune on monday to pick up my new truck and had a few questions what kind of batteries can i use as temp replacements that are easy to put in? can someone give me the link for the tech manual for the m35a2 i cant seem to find it also will they let you drive it off the base im only 45 mins away. thanks

50shooter

I use 800 or 850 CCA and they work fine as long as you have them charged up well. This is in 30deg weather too.

There are boat loads of manuals for the M35 but the two I've found the most helpful are the 9-2320-361-20 and 10 both can be found on the resources tab listed above.

There are also some other post on here with awesome checklist of things to take with you and or to check out on your new truck.

Most of the guys drive them off if possible.

Good Luck

NCDuce,

I'll be going down to Lejeune on Monday too what time are you planning to get there?
This will be my first time ... I won an M109A3 GL says it runs with a jump.:roll:

I'll PM you my cell phone maybe we can hook up.

Regards,
Rick

FrankUSMC

The GL guys at Camp Lejeune are good Joes, if thy say it runs with a jump it will. They are also very helpful. I have been buying military suplus for about 40 years, they are some of the best I have seen.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

mistaken1

mistaken1 ... GREAT Pickup list ... Thanks
thank you

All I did was organize the information that others on this forum had already provided in various posts. If anyone wants anything added to it I am happy to do or I will send/post the original word document (I put up the pdf so that everyone could open the file).

ncduece

well my first mv is at home after pickup from lejune this morning. batteries were dead the gl guy gave me a jump we had to bring fuel in and bleed system. got it cranked and let it sit running for 40 mins. left the lot about a mile out she stalled had to pull over water in fuel, all filters full. batterys dead. replaced batterys with some spares i bought along dumped the water she roared back to life. stopped one more time to dump water made it home 45 miles no problem with giant grin. just a note may want to pop the drain on the bottom of the tank to check for water looks like about 1/2 in allen