• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up an m1008

michaelcola192

I am so new to cucv's but i love them and am getting my first one in about 2 days, pictures will be posted when i get it.. Just wana know what i should look out for when checking it out. It has never left CA since being out of military service. It has 50,xxx miles on it and in almost perfect condition. Let me know what u guys think. and i am getting it for 4,900

ralbelt

Welcome aboard, read up on a few modifications posted around here, in particular the doghead modification, its easy ,cheap and will save you a lot of $ and time down the road.

michaelcola192

Hey thanks man I am happy to be here seems like everyone is very helpful. Thanks for the modification suggestion, I'll check that out for sure. But more along the lines of kind of inspecting the vehicle where are the key places I should look for rust, damage, failures etc..

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

MarcusOReallyus

Check all the rubber. Hoses, belts, etc. It's old!

Check the grounds - you'll probably need to clean a few.

Check the brakes, of course, and the brake lines.

I'm sure others will chime in - I've just covered a very few obvious things.

usmcpatriot

When I got my M1008, it had a hard time starting, PO did not understand problems associated with the 1008. First thing I did was get rid of the coffin filter and goto spin on fuel filter. Go with Doghead conversions, get rid of the resistor bank and go to manual glow plug... Good Luck

michaelcola192

cool thanks patriot. thats what i was lookin for i am just trying to compile a checklist for when i go check this thing out on monday september 10th. I cant wait to go pick her up, but i dont want to drive 2 hours and show up with my d**k in my hand hah. I will keep all of you updated and post pictures when I get it. Ill post a picture off of the CL add for now tho... and thanks for your input as well marcus and doghead

Last edited: