• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pickins Gettin Slim on GL

TACTICAL6

I heard the other day that National Guard Bureau wants ALL Deuces turned in. They were letting units hold on to some for day to day business. But now they want all of them out of the field. Get this, they are now going to let them use 5 ton cargos in lieu of, until they get all the FMTV'S fielded. Alot of the deuces in Columbus have "FMS hold" (FOREIGN MILITARY SALES) posted on the front windshield. I hear they are going to Israel. Hopefully, the many that remain in the field will not go to FMS. I am keeping my keeping my fingers crossed, I want at least one more.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard the other day that National Guard Bureau wants ALL Deuces turned in.

This is old news.. The orders are out in the field, thats why the M44 series has been so prevalent on GL sales the past year or so.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Don't get overly excited. E22 is right, this is old information that has been mentioned on here several times. The same goes for the 800 series 5 tons and any 900 sereis that are not up to A2 standards. The A2's will be retained until the MTV's received. The National Guard made this decision to do without vehicles that are not FMTV's or 900 series A2's. The Army Reserve is also replacing their fleets but are not under the same mandate that I've heard.

There are still thousands of deuces still out there. As for FMS, I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle about that either. If anything, the govt will attempt to push most countries into FMTV's and failing that the late models of 900 series and M35A3's. I know of 6 deuces that sat at L-kenny for nearly a year on FMS hold and eventually went to GL. As for the drying up, yep we are going through a dry spell right now but there are about 25 coming through Richmond and about 40 through L-kenny/M-burg/Annville. There is a boat load of 109's coming through Riley. And if you want a 105 trailer...get ready cause the phrase of hundreds might not be far from the truth.

wsucougarx

They have about 8 deuces on the FMS freeze and about 12 M818's newly overhauled. Looks like they 818's are on the FMS freeze as well. I once thought that 4 M35a2c's were coming up on GL but I noticed that there have been a bunch of items added to the trucks just with in the last couple weeks. One thing I noticed a couple weeks ago was the absence of trailer outlets in the back. I go today and see they have been added:?: Doesn't sound a GL thing, adding things that the truck should have:roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say, DARN, I shoulda waited on the 105 I just got but heck, it's a nice late model and I got it for the opening bid.

Ronbo

I've been watching thw GL too, I sure want another deuce for parts... Or a 1008 -(1028(?) ) heavy duty pick up with the lockers etc.. If you know of one let me know..Rust free as possible ....

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Old news it may be but the recall of vehicles across the Army is real too. Trying to build more Brigades and refit all the units coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. If my album was on this new site you could see a whole marshalling area of dueces that got cut up in Kuwait to sell as scrap. I am keeping my one duece and one M109 and I bet my sons will want them when I start driving a cloudmobile.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks