• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pickup from Hill AFB

Seth_O

Anyone that's done a recovery from Hill AFB?

Wondering if they will let you do any work on the truck at the site - i.e. change fluids and filters (just minor stuff, not talking an engine rebuild.)

I bought a 'starts and runs' vehicle, and am crossing my fingers that I will be able to bleed the brakes and check the fluids there and then drive it off the lot and ~40miles to my in-laws place in SLC. That's where I will do the real work in prep for the 650 mile drive back to my house.

I picked up a trailer there a while ago. I didn't need to do a lot of work on it before I departed. Once they got me to the trailer, they left the area and I checked out with someone at the GL gate. The GL folks were okay, I had no problems with them. There is a pretty large lot so I don't think you would have any problems. If you need to load it on a trailer, they do have a loading ramp available. Good luck
Mark

unclemikey

Always had a good pick up at Hill. Nice folks at G.L. Security at the gate is for real, have a clean truck, no firearms, papers in order, ect. Get at the gate early, there will be a line. No sweet, have fun!:grd:

Seth_O

Tks for the replies guys. This is my first pickup, I assume GL will send me the paperwork that I need for the pickup? Is it just the PIF invoice?

Also - will they let you bring a camera? I'd like to document the recovery, for posterity's sake [thumbzup]. I assume that when I contact HAFB they can tell me the day & time I can come pick it up?