• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of filter after WVO

rottiedog

I have been using Waste Veggie for the last year. Usually about a 50/50 mix. Changed the fuel filter about 6 months ago. This week, the truck lost all power. I replaced the filter and it is back to life. Took apart the old filter just to see the inside. Everything was pretty well saturated and clogged up. Still a fan of the veggie and think that a $20 filter is worth it when I have put 100 gallons of veggie in there. I just need to figure out a better dewatering system and a better filtering system.

1985 M1009

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a noticable difference in the way it runs between straight diesel and your 50/50 mix? If so, what are the differences?

rottiedog

I am not separating the glycerin but am planning on building a setup to do that. All I was doing was cooking in a water heater and letting it settle. Draining water and filtering down to 5 microns. Obviously, my method for dewatering and filtering is NOT working.

As for power, no noticable differences. I did run different ratios and anyything less than 50/50, I would have lots of trouble starting. I two tank system would most likely take care of that.

aboonski

I am curious to know what the 50/50 mix consists of? One person I met from Tennessee converted his truck to run on WVO and had a separate tank for straight WVO and a re-usable filter mounted on the engine that he could take apart and clean which he bought from an Ebay auction. I took pictures of his setup and the filter but must look through my photo files for them.

jag7720

The only sure way to filter is with a centrifuge... http://www.simplecentrifuge.com

I have one of these and have filtered about 1000 gallons and have had no issues.

it is a bit of coin but you will get EVERYTHING out of the oil. At 1200 G's nothing escapes.

Also, never run wvo thru that filter. get yourself some valves and a separate tank and run straight WVO or straight diesel.

The wvo will react with the mild steel tank and polymerize... it will cause your sending unit to malfunction too.

Attachments

aboonski

I have heard that you start the engine with diesel and switch over to WVO and visa-versa when shutting down. There's also something about a "return line" going to each separate fuel tank. How is that accomplished? I can just imagine having one fuel contaminating the other through one return line.

jag7720

That is correct.

It happens the same way as the diesel. You just need two valves. One supply valve and one return... if you want, you can add a third valve for a controlled loop to keep the hot oil up front and less vacuum stress on the wvo filter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks