• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my 5 ton with the trailer

Diamondjim11

Just figured I would post a photo or two of the tractor with the trailer for hauling my M3A1 halftrack. It still needs some TLC but it is coming along nicely. If someone can help me with this trucks history/background I will post what I have... 1968 Kaiser-Jeep VIN 952412688 (on Data plate) under that it has 5E9178 then the rebuild info from lead in 10/86. Any help would be great.Thanks:)
Jim

Attachments

bigelk50

Try the 2009 vin info thread for info. Great looking truck. I am jealous, you have a trailer and a halftrack!!! We sold ours, it was just too far gone. Keep us updated on the truck, trailer and halftrack.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool truck. I love the multis. Unfortunately, they are becoming quite rare. They are great trucks. The 5 ton turbo really screams!

Diamondjim11

5 Ton with trailer

I believe the 5E9178 is the hood number. That age truck would have had white stars on 24087 od green. My M54a2 vin ends with 12008 and the hood number is 5E7844.
Thanks Guys, does anyone sell the24087 od green paint? I am looking to repaint the truck, and would like to put her back in the orginal color. I have not sanded on the hood yet so when I start I will look for those numbers, The 5E9178 came off the data plate with the vin. Will keep the updates coming.
Jim

lacoda56

Gilespie makes the paint. There's several suppliers, Rapco parts in Texas comes to mind. Mark Dodd is a good guy to deal with and can answer most questions. The downside is the hazmat charge for shipping paint. I also used Rick Larson Stencils for my truck. Another good guy to answer questions and to deal with. Military Vehicles Magazine is a good publication for suppliers of parts, paint, etc.. Nice looking truck, good luck with your project!

Diamondjim11

Yes, I am familiar with Gillespie, I used it on my Halftrack, WC52, and GPW. I never asked if they had anything for the later stuff as I was always painting WW2 vehicles. Isn't the Viet Nam stuff sort of a semi gloss? Thanks again for the help.
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks