• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my M1009 4 inch lift 36s

notsosanestan

this is my m1009 shackle flip in the rear,4 inch hd springs in front.crossover steering,36/12.50 hummer tires, Stainles steel brake lines, disc brake conversion in rear, m1008 axles, u bolt plate flip in rear, prob more im forgetting. thanks for looking

Attachments

jimmy-90

Im guessing you ground off the spring pearches on the rear axle and welded replacement pearches on in the correct locations. I was wondering how hard of a time did you have getting everything in the rear centered up and ready to weld in and how did you go about doing it?

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the M1009 is the best platform to create a real trail vehicle from. You've done exactly what I want to do if I ever end up with a M1009. The axles were the only real weak link in the first place.

notsosanestan

Im guessing you ground off the spring pearches on the rear axle and welded replacement pearches on in the correct locations. I was wondering how hard of a time did you have getting everything in the rear centered up and ready to weld in and how did you go about doing it?
I ordered pearches from diy4x and welded them on. I measured a lot but first time I was a 8th inch off and too low of a pinion angle. Next time it was perfect no driveline vibrations. I had access to a lift and let the pearches just touch the springs and used a hammer to get each side equal to stock width also used stock ten bolt shock mounts.

notsosanestan

those are 16.5 steel wheels from a late seventies ford i believe? idk they are really thick steel but arent really as wide as i wanted i didnt wanna use spacers so i got these. im probably going to get recentered hummer wheels eventually.

TCUCV

nice ride man, i bet that thing does pretty well off road. Congrats on switching out the axles, I bet it took a lot of patience to get that thing driving right.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks