• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of the job i did with the MEP 803a with the inova auto start kit plus ATS

titoveli

The gen set bonding connector is still connected. Is this a house connected gen set?
it is connected to a a house. i dont understand the rest. this the job i did with pics of the auto start kit and relay all working perfect got voltage now on the lugs going stright the the ATS but the ATS has a problem i will get it fix in the coming days already email the guys i both it from

Zed254

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?164386-Trailer-Mounted-MEP803a-Grounding

Good discussion on grounding your generator and the SINGLE ground to neutral bond in your home's electrical system.

Last picture, lower right side: the bonding strap is still in place between the generator's ground and neutral. This is correct if it is a stand alone system.....you are out in a field and your generator is powering some work tools. Your home already has a neutral to ground bond in the breaker box....or should. You only want 1 ground to neutral bond in your home's electrical system. If your generator will only be used as a home back up you should remove the generator's ground to neutral bond.

Last edited:

titoveli

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?164386-Trailer-Mounted-MEP803a-Grounding

Good discussion on grounding your generator and the SINGLE ground to neutral bond in your home's electrical system.

Last picture, lower right side: the bonding strap is still in place between the generator's ground and neutral. This is correct if it is a stand alone system.....you are out in a field and your generator is powering some work tools. Your home already has a neutral to ground bond in the breaker box....or should. You only want 1 ground to neutral bond in your home's electrical system. If your generator will only be used as a home back up you should remove the generator's ground to neutral bond.
no here we only bond the ground to neutral in the meter box not at the panel. i will take it off anyways cause its the same thing