• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picture needed - hand brake lever - new style

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could I ask a few people to snap a picture of the new style lever AND BRACKET in their trucks?

Reason: My truck came with a new style lever that sits on a beefy bracket (bolted on both sides of the lever, on all four corners with the bolts that hold the cable bracket under the cab) AND an additional bolt (5 bolts in total). The adjustment knob and axle are broken.

My replacement lever has a wimpy piece of flat stock with two bolt holes at the bottom, one of which requires me to drill a corresponding one into the cab floor. It is a significant reduction in mounting points.

Maybe I have a 5-ton lever...dunno...pics would be appreciated!

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pics! That looks exactly like the lever in my truck - the replacement part has a different mounting "foot". What bugs me is that it only bolts to the cab floor on one side of the handle.

Not sure what to do; these handles are riveted and do not lend themselves to be taken apart.