• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures and questions 4 ya

Ronbo

Ok Let see how I do with pictures and uploads, I took a picture of the turbo on the M35 and it looks like oil on the exhaust side , I dont know if something os Broke / leaking of if oil spilled while checking oil off teh dip stick etc, What ya think, How do I know when a turbo goes bad? Can they leak oil here? The other picture is a fuel /filter thingy , something? I saw one on another deuce and it had a metal u-shaped cover over it. the brackets seem broken, so I put a zip tie on it to keep it from moving as much ( any issues?)you can see.. , I also took a picture of the mudd flaps I used for floor mats and a vent boot for roofing as a shifter boot.. I was really wanting to take the deuce on a trip this week 1200 miles round trip, but I think it'd be better to drive it locally for a week and make sure I have no issues ..I hate being broken down.. ( even though everything seems ok...) I did get the air working ( thanks for the advise !!!!) I took the upload valve out , polished it , cleaned the bore, replaced the o-ring and 120PSI of air!! I do have a small air hiss from under the dash seems to be coming from a junction block from the front diff. engagement.....Thanks Omego's!!

Attachments

Somemedic

I really want the shifter boot too...

Im not as versed with deuces but i believe that is ur slobber tube. Until the turbo warms up and seals completely some oil seeps and drip down, which is normal. Might want to let another one of these cats chime in for sure tho...

jasonjc

! pic is the slobber tube some oil coming from it is the norm. Some trucks have a rubber tube on it to get it lower so it does not get all over the truck. The thing on top of the eng is the filter and pump for the flame heater for cold starts. and last the mats and boot looks good.

nattieleather

Yep that's the slobber tube. It is meant to leak oil and allow the motor to mark it's territory... :p But it should have a 15-18 inch length of rubber tubing on it so that the oil drips out toward the ground instead of on the motor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks