• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pin up art on a deuce.

SquirrelsOnFIRE

Has anyone ever seen an active duty deuce from the 60's or 70's with pin up art on them. I have been told that during Vietnam a couple of guys seen trucks done up with pin up art or girls. I am getting ready to restore the m35a2 i bought and wanted some different ideas.

s1036s

I think you are talkin about what I have been thinking of... Is the pin up girl incorporated into the camo pattern. I was thinking of doing a couple trucker ladys and maybe a grenade outline that is hidden in the camo colors. Is this what you are referring too??

progun

I was thinkin about putting the name of my truck on the side of the hood. I was actually going to ask this very same question.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The guys that manned the guntrucks got a lot of lattitude in decorating their trucks.

Soldiers had to be subtle about applying names or art to their trucks.

Most trucks were inspected weekly in garrison when PMCS was performed.....uniformity was the name of the game.....Motor Sergents or Officers did not want trucks to be decorated.

DAS

OK......Ill confess.....I had alfred e newman on my 10 ton tractor with the saying '' What me Worry ''.... Had to cover it when BN. came around and had to paint over it a few times to.......Was worth it.....DAS

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a bunch of really cool examples of nose art that was done more recently than WWII, but unfortunately most is not for a family audience (some parts are, ahem, not censored). It's a shame, I have lots of ones with girls that are dressed in WWII German garb, not US only.

CajunM35A2

"Lil' Red" on my truck

I put my wife's nickname from her teenage years on my truck: Lil' Red
I NEVER get any complaints from her about the truck.....
Before I put a name on it, I spoke with a friend who was on these trucks in VietNam. I asked him about personal markings on trucks. He told me that no one really bothered them about it. He said - "What were they going to do to us? Threaten to send us to VietNam? Heck, we were already there!"

Lil Red.jpg

I had all of the stencils, including the Lil' Red stencil made by Rick Larsen: http://www.militarystencils.com/