• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pintal question

ncduece

i tried to hook up to a equipment trailer today and the lunette ring would not go on the deuce pintale it looks like i could grind off some of the side forging and it would fit, the trailer has a four bolt ring on it. if just not sure what i could do to get it to match up change the ring on the trailer or grind? where would i get the right ring for the trailer. thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had this problem too with a civy dolly converter. My solution was to put a CCKW pintle in place of the meaty M-series . . . huge pain.

Boatcarpenter

I understand what you are saying Sephirothq. I guess it depends on how one interprets his somewhat ambiguous description of the problem. I see it that the circumfrence of a cross section of the trailer lunette is too big to fit into the Deuce pintle. If in fact the center hole of the lunette is too small to fit over the pintle, then yes, he would have to upsize the lunette.
It just was how my one cup of coffee mind saw it this AM:-D
BC

jasonjc

The hook and ring have sizes based on cap. just like ball hitches. If you have a trailer with a 2" coupler and a truck with a 2 5/16" ball would you grind down the ball????? Or get the right ball or coupler???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks