• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pintle Hook with Ball

renovate7

Harbor Freight offers a pintle hook with a ball, # 96198-ocsh. Has anyone tried one of these? Does it look like it will work? I put a hitch on a van I own to pull a generator/compressor trailer I just bought off GL. The trailer has a lunette and is too low for the M35 to pull.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have used one of those plenty of times as well as a buddy of mine......

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: pintle

i have used a combo hitch for years, mine is beefier (the pintle hook) then the one shown, it works great

m376x6

I also, have used a combination for years, without a single hiccup. Incredibly strong. I have both a 2" and a 1 7/8" ball for mine. I have a multi position plate that is part of the 2 inch square bar for the 2 inch receiver on the Cummins hitch. I have rarely used the 2" inch ball and never the 1 7/8. I had an 18 foot trailer with a dovetail built with extra height adjustment for me out of Kansas or Missouri as I recall. Have had the trailer since 96.

M376X6

desertfox

Since we are on the subject of pintle hitches. All but one of my trucks has a worn out pintle. My M109A3 has been replaced with a new one that has grease fittings. The others have nothing but slop.
Any solutions??

I almost made a new thread before doing a search. I just ordered the combo ball/pintle and mount from Harbor Freight for the same price everyone else wants for just the hook! Im only ever going to tow about 2,000 pounds with it so it should hold up fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks